Have you entered so many blog giveaways that you can't remember which one's you have already entered!? I have. Lots of times! I return to the giveaway to find that there's hundreds upon hundreds of entries, and I can't be bothered to look through pages and pages of comments to see of I actually commented or not! Don't worry, you don't have to do that anymore.
Here's how to search a page to see if you have commented.
Go to the blog's giveaway page. Once you are there, hit CTRL+F or COMMAND+F if you're on a mac like me. This should pop up a find field somewhere in your browser. For me, it's the top right. I use Safari. It could be different for every browser, but it will be there somewhere!
Now type in the name that you use to enter giveaways, probably your google friend connect user name. If you were say "crazygiveawayfan1", then that's what you would type in the find field.
What you searched for will be highlighted on the page if it's there. If not, then you haven't entered yet!
If a persons blog is set up to have paginated comments, then you would have to repeat this action for every page of comments. But in my opinion, it's better than reading through it all!
Obviously this works for anything you might want to find on a page. Hope someone finds this useful! Good luck all my giveaway entering fanatics.....
2 comments:
Great advice! I use the "find" shortcut (Ctrl + F) for just about everything. It works in all applications such as word docs, notepad, etc. When I was doing IT support and had to parse through layers of code it was the most helpful shortcut I had. :)
This is a great helpful hint! I didn't know you could do this. Thanks for the information!
Post a Comment