
We got these wraps as part of a package from our diaper service. Thankfully, I got Thirsties as gifts as well!! I got three of these LiteWraps in the newborn size.
They are made of polyester and PU waterproofed. The tag says they fit up to 10Lbs, though for us they worked up until just recently at about 12-13 lbs. They have a nice scoop in the front for the umbilical cord. The two snaps near the thigh area are nice for when the baby is a bit smaller, it helps to keep them in place. There some sort of pocket where the velcro strip is in the front, not really sure what that is there for.
Over all this diaper gets 2.5 out of 4 stars. Here's my reasoning:
1.) Quality/Durability. These seem to be a fairly durable product. The picture below is after 11 weeks of using, washing and hang drying (the only way to go for diaper covers in my humble opinion). There's only a minimal amount of pilling around the leg openings and gussets, but it's hardly noticeable. Overall, I have had no breakdown in the actual functionality of this product. I am not a fan of the Velcro laundry tabs on these. They do not stay closed and they wind up getting stuck to everything else, especially since I've added my new set of three GroBaby diapers to the mix. There's a soft lining on the inside of the shells that these Velcro tabs seem to LOVE. I find that quite frustrating when doing the laundry. I am glad that I won't have these in the mix anymore, since my little girl has out grown them. However, I will be glad to have them when baby number two decides to join the party, since they do fit an average sized newborn quite well. Another thing to note, they air dry VERY quickly, which is nice for saving money on dryer usage. I can wash these, and be using them again in an hour. These definitely have more life left in them! I'll probably be able to give them to friends as well.
2.) But Do they Work? I have never had any leaks with these and I breast feed, so we are talking runny poops here! Not one leak ever. That's the best part :) There's elastic up around the top of the back of the cover, which makes for a nice snug fit around the back, again that helps prevent leaks. The fit: They fit fairly well. They were a touch big in the beginning, but that only lasted for about two weeks. Then they fit perfectly, and continued to fit perfectly until recently. My little girl was 7lbs12oz when she was born, and now at 11 weeks, she's roughly 13lbs. Since they fit past their estimated sizing for a bit, I'm very pleased. The snaps near the thighs helped to secure them in place when she was so little in the beginning, so that was a nice feature. The fact that these are Velcro all the way across the top front makes them very adjustable for every shape newborn.
3.) How cute......well, not really. They only come in this plain white. But it's alright. When I use these, I usually put on cute little clothes over them, so it doesn't matter much what they look like!
4.) Overall Value: At $7.99 a piece they are a great value. You get a lot of bang for you buck. They help to make the early days of cloth diapering your newborn simple, which makes them even more valuable. The fact that I was able to use them a bit passed the size that they are meant for was also a bonus in value. They stay dry through a lot of changes, so as long as you don't have any poop leaks, you can continue to use the same cover through the whole day, which means you don't need a ton of these.
They aren't cute, but the wash up nicely and dry quickly making them very easy to use. These are what I consider a "work horse" diaper cover. I won't buy more of these, and I wouldn't give them as a gift, but if you wind up with a few of these in your stash, or want to save money in the beginning weeks, these will do the trick. Over all, not a great cover, but not a bad one either!
Tweet
0 comments:
Post a Comment