Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Knickernappies OS Review



I was really excited to try this diaper. They come in a nice assortment of colors and have a wide fit range. The thing I found most interesting about this diaper was the side snaps. My little one isn't old enough to attempt undoing her diapers, but I'm sure the day will come soon enough. What actually was of more interest to me was the way that the side snaps appeared to make the front of the diaper nice and smooth, without any bulk. It looked like they might look nicer under certain clothes.....and they do! Another great thing about this diaper is that it's made in the good ol' USA! How awesome is that folks? If you are a HUGE supporter of all things made in the USA like I am, then these are the diaper for you. This diaper comes with two choices for inserts: the standard microfiber (which is what I bought) or the Loopy Do insert. The loopy Do insert is layers of microfiber and layers of hemp terry for extra protection. If you have a heavy wetter, the Loopy Do, or the Super Do might be your best bet. I went with microfiber just to try them out and save a buck. I'll definitely be getting more of these diapers in abundance. With MF inserts, this diaper rings in at $19.95, and with the LD insert $24.95. Not bad for a product made in the USA! Proof that we DON'T need to send everything to China to save a buck :)

Back to the review.....

I gave this diaper a 4 out of 4 stars. If I had an extra star to give, I'd give it 5!

1.) Quality/Durability. I have no doubt this diaper will stand the test of time. It still looks brand new after using it for nearly two months now. It's been used in heavy rotation, meaning it gets used and washed at least 3 times a week. Since these aren't aplix closure, there's no need to worry about the aplix piling or sticking to other things. The inside liner is made of a non-piling fleece and it's really soft. It's help up nicely in the wash so far, and truly hasn't piled. They also haven't stained yet. Poop rinses off pretty easily in the toilet, without leaving anything behind so there isn't much left to stain. Knickernappies even offers a two year guarantee on their snaps and elastic. They promise it won't fail on you! The elastic is snug without being so snug that it leaves marks!

2.) Do they work? Absolutely! The Knickernappies diaper has one more row snaps than most diapers I've noticed. The only one that compares would be the Rumparooz. The rise on the Knickernappies is taller though, so if you have a longer baby (like I do) this might be a perfect fit for you! There is a slight scoop in the front panel in order to allow for the Buddha belly that most of our babies have. The snaps are actually far more customizable than you would think at first glance. There are two snaps on each side of the diaper. You don't have to snap them each at the same location top and bottom. You can snap the top snap (the waist snap) in one position, and then snap the bottom snap (the thigh snap) either tighter, the same, or looser. Whichever works for your babe! This makes it similar to the Fuzzibunz diaper, but with one less snap to mess with......awesome!

3.) How do they look on my kid though? ADORABLE! They really do. I always forget to snap a shot of little miss fancy pants in her Knickernapies. I'm going to remind myself to do it because these diapers really are cute! They are a nice and trim fit, even with both microfiber inserts being used. They also come in a great variety of colors to make anyone happy. And the side snaps just add to the cuteness!

4.) Overall Value. I'd say these are worth every penny. There are other diapers out there that are of equal quality, but not made in USA and still cost more than a Knickernappy! Event the insert with hemp is a great value. It's hard to find a hemp insert for that low of a price. I can honestly say these diapers are worth every penny and then some. I could easily see these diapers commanding anywhere from 25-30 bucks!! So take advantage of the bargain prices they have to offer.

By the way....the color I have shown is Turquoise. I was messing with my camera settings and forgot to fix them before snapping a shot of these diapers. This isn't the actual color. I will try to post better pictures up soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails