Ergo is based in Hawaii, and they sent me a really nice organic carrier to review. If you have ever been to Hawaii, you'll know it's an amazing place. If you haven't, let me tell you, it's like paradise. When I got my package from Ergo, I felt like I got a little piece of paradise sent to me! They follow through with Hawaii's sense of Aloha in their customer service, and the obvious care in which their product is made. I think that's one of the reasons I was so drawn to this carrier over other similar carriers in the first place. The sense of care and concern Ergo projects to it's audience. And I love that they spend a lot of time talking about safe babywearing on their website. Really good info for folks who are new to the idea, or new parents in general.
OK, back to the carrier. I got a black one with embroidered flowery detail on it, and like I mentioned it's organic. LOVE that aspect! The shoulder straps are very padded to provide maximum comfort. So is the waist strap. It has elastic bands that will catch the clips in case they break so the baby doesn't fall......but it looks like it would take A LOT to break those suckers! Not worried about it at all.
It's probably obvious that this is a carrier that holds the baby facing you and in the front. But you may not notice right away how versatile this carrier actually is. Besides being a front carrier, it can also be a hip carrier. AND it can also be a back carrier! That's three safe positions in one convenient package. The first two positions were quick and easy for me to learn. I used them right away when heading out for an evening walk with the little one. I have yet to master the back carry.......I am just too afraid I am going to drop the little one :( The good news is, there's a TON of videos on youtube that demonstrate how to use the Ergo in various ways. It appears it just takes practice.
The Ergo also has an optional infant insert, but because my little one is passed the age of needing that I can't attest for that piece.
One of the other advantages of this carrier is that it is designed to offer the best and most natural support for both the parent and the baby. This makes it more comfortable for longer periods of time. I have yet to experience neck and shoulder pain, or any real back and foot pain after our evening walks. I haven't worn it for hours on end yet, but I can't forsee it being uncomfortable. And I can tell my little one is comfortable because she settles right into it. She LOVES to be in it!! A carrier isn't any good if baby hates it and it never gets used! Little miss generally falls asleep in it before long, so I know it's nice a comfy and comforting.
The best thing about the Ergo, which probably goes without saying is how quickly it goes on so I can be hands free in under a minute, with no fussing with tying straps or goofing with comfy positioning. Once it;s on, it's on. It doesn't get loose after wearing it for a bit, it's secure and safe, comfy. Perfect. The hip carry is awesome for when the little one gets bigger and it's harder to maneuver around them when they are on the front of you. Like, say doing dishes for example. It's hard to get to the sink and do a proper cleaning job when your 8 month old is right in front of ya! I imagine it must be what being 17 months pregnant would feel like!? YIKES!! So yeah, I usually go with the hip carry for chores. I even had someone help me get her into a back carry so I could cook Thanksgiving dinner for 16 people while wearing her! BEST THING EVER!! To have your baby peacefully playing or napping on your back while you prepare a feast is the best ever. No worrying about what she was getting into or who was watching her!
All in all, this is my favorite carrier. I LOVE it and can't believe I got along without it before! I recommend this to any new mom, or mom interested in trying out baby wearing. It's safe, comfortable, durable, and more affordable than other similar carriers. Worth every penny if you ask me! Get yourself one HERE.
I am adding some pics of the two positions I am good at. These were taken right before our evening walk. I might just keep on adding pictures of how she fits and how we use it as time goes on. It's just such an awesome carrier!




2 comments:
Thank you for your honest review!! I soooo want one and with 5 kids & a baby on the way I think I NEED one!! :D
I SOOOOOOOOOOO want an Ergo! I have a lot of baby carriers (I think it's an addiction - lol), but I'm always looking to add more!
Post a Comment